With our Mews PMS integration, you can easily post room charges into Mews and optionally post a summary of all revenue recorded in ChiDesk to a specific Outlet in Mews.
- Our Mews integration is currently in Beta so it's important to ensure that you check the posts coming from ChiDesk on a daily basis to ensure they are as expected. This should include checking the amounts, account categories and tax amounts.
Once an invoice is saved in ChiDesk, users can choose to Post the charge against a customer account in Mews. The customer can be identified via their room number or name.
- Create a new Invoice.
- Add a Room charge receipt for the full amount to balance off the client account. This receipt is not posted to the PMS and is purely to balance the account in ChiDesk.
- Click Save.
- Browse to the Details tab and enter either a room number or name in the Room field.
- Click Post.
- A new window will appear displaying any customer accounts found in Mews.
- Click the required name to post the room charges to this account.
- If you need to adjust an invoice that has already been posted to Mews, simply click the Unpost button. This will reverse the posted charges by posting a negative value for each charge against the customer account in Mews.
- Gratuities must be added to the Invoice itself in order to properly reflect on room charges. Click Add Custom, choose the Gratuity type and add the amount to the invoice items itself.
Non Room Revenue
You can optionally choose to post all invoices and that are not room charges into Mews, along with any direct receipts. These are posted as a bill to a specific Outlet in Mews.
To post bills to an Outlet, make sure you have setup an Outlet in Mews for your Spa. When posting to an outlet, a single bill containing a summary of all revenue items will be posted. The cash balance number in ChiDesk will be used as a bill number to easily identify which cash balance the post relates to.
- Create a new Cash Balance for the day.
- Click Save.
- Click the Post button to post all invoices and receipts for the cash balance period into Mews.
- Once a cash balance has been posted, any adjustments to documents in this date range must be manually removed from Mews in order to post the cash balance period again.
Voucher and Course Sales and Redemptions
When a Voucher or Course is sold in ChiDesk these amounts should be posted against a liability account category in Mews. This will be posted as a normal charge against the customer account in Mews.
When the Voucher or Course is redeemed, two separate transactions will be posted to Mews. One will reflect a negative amount to reduce the Voucher or Course liability. Along with a new charge against the type of item that was sold to the client.
- Expired Vouchers and Courses are not posted to Mews. This will need to be handled manually.
You can easily import existing Client data from Mews by following the following steps:
- Browse to Clients - Clients. Choose to create a new client, or select an existing client to edit.
- Enter a First and Last Name if none exists.
- Click the Import button to search Mews based on the name details. If we find a match in Mews it will display the details as a link and you can then click on it.
- Clicking the link will add any Notes stored in Mews to the new client profile, as well as set the Gender, Email, Birthday and Address details.
- Click Save to store the information.
In order to communicate with Mews you will need to request an API key from your Mews account manager. This will be generated and shared with us once you have requested it.
ChiDesk allows you to categorize posted sales into the following types of sale:
- You can setup a separate Account Category in Mews to match each of the above. General, Courses and Vouchers should not be treated as revenue at the time of sale.
You will need to setup a new Service in Mews for us to post charges against. It's best to name this ChiDesk so it's easy to identify and posts coming from our system. This service should be categorized as an 'Additional Service'.
If you are going to be posting all revenue and direct receipts in Mews, you will need to setup a new Outlet in Mews.
Once you have completed all the required Mews setup steps you can open ChiDesk and navigate to Settings - Add Ons - Mews.
- In the Address field enter the full Mews account url. Ie. https://api.mews.com
- Enter your API key for the Access Token field. For details on how to get your API key, please see this Mews article: https://help.mews.com/s/article/find-an-integration-s-access-token?language=en_US&name=find-an-integration-s-access-token
- Select your Pricing type of either Gross or Net.
- Tick Post Receipts if you want to post direct receipts.
- Tick Post All Sales if you want to post all revenue.
- Tick the Post All Customers if you want to be able to post to any customer in Mews, not just checked-in guests.
- Click on Save to close this screen and save your access details.
- Now navigate to Settings - Add Ons - Mews again.
If your connection is successful you will now be able to map various fields to items in Mews:
- If you are posting full revenue, select the Outlet to post to.
- Select the Service you setup in the previous steps.
- Under Accounting Categories, select a category for your Products, Services, Memberships, Courses, Vouchers and Gratuities.
- Map your various Taxes in ChiDesk to those in Mews.
- Map your various Payment Types in ChiDesk to accounting categories in Mews.
- Click Save.
Once all the above is complete you can follow the steps listed under the Room Charges section to create a new Invoice and attempt to post it.
Checking Posts in Mews
Once a cash balance has been posted into Mews you can view this information on the Accounting report in Mews under the Outlets section. Invoices posted to a customer account can be viewed by opening the Customer in Mews.